Early Childhood Links

Friday, July 13, 2012

Personal Childhood Web

Personal Childhood Web

My family is very special for me. 


 A very special person in my family is my grandmother.  She was  my second mom, like I used to called her "mama".  She didn't go to school as much as my mom did, but she was wise, and knew how to take care of me when I was sick.  I remember one time when I was in Kindergarten, was a rainy day, she showed up at school with the umbrella.  I wasn't expecting her.  She was so worried for me not to get wet and eventually sick, that she went for me and walked me home.  I also remember that every day she made sure we have snacks/meal at the table when returning from school. Oh my gosh! what a great detail, I loved it! What amazing days with grandma, I miss her so much!  My siblings and I loved her stories of her childhood, some were very scary (like a red man in the cave) and some were just stories of her with her mom (greatgrandma).  Loved to hear her say that the time before were better that this one.  Nobody knows how to cook like "mama", she was the best cook in town! :-)  She cared about me and my brothers, she knew what kind of home remedies to give us to make us feel better when we were sick,  she dedicated time, and make us laugh with her stories.  I love you grandma!

My mom, what can I say!.  She always was making sacrifices to give us the best of everything, better education, taught us to believe in God, to respect others, to be responsible human being, and many many great things.  Because of my mom I finished my Bachelor's degree, her persistance, and great faith in me, gave me the courage to complete my studies.  Thanks to her I was able to regain my confidence and positive attitude towards life. 
 Another person who cared about me is my father.  He always was full of good advices.  Even though my mom and dad divorced when I was little, he always was there for me.  I don't remember any negative aspect about my father.  I am so glad he never abandoned me.  I love him more every year, my daddy is a very special man, a man of God! 

My sister was my guide.  I copied from her all my childhood, and probably a little more. :-)
I wanted to wear the same clothes, go to the same school she was going, have the same friends.  Everything!  She was my idol.  My syster liked to study a lot, but not me!  But I had to go to college, because my sister did.  She was a real example for superation, to do better, to educate myself.  I am glad she turned to be a great person, full of love, and a great role model for her children.  I love to spend time with her, and we still love to shop together.

I remember my First grade teacher who believed in me and gave me the opportunity to take the reading test for the second time. (The first time I didn't pass because I was extremely shy, and I didn't speak up when I was suppose to, so I failed reading test) Ms Rentas stayed with me and my mom after school hours and did the test one more time.  I did great and of course pass reading!  Thank you Ms Rentas, wherever you are for your time and for believe in me. I will remember this teacher for the rest of my life.  I think that her dedication to get to know her students and work with them by volunteering her time made of her an extraordinary teacher.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post and the pictures you attached. I love the fact that you have such fond memories of your support system. I am even happier that your dad was always there to support you, it is good to her positive things about dads.

    -Greene, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What we do without Grandmas! At our house on Sunday after church we fed a "army" of family members. I would wake up to the smell of the cooking early in the morning prior to going to church. Life brings us unexpected surprises sometimes. It is good to know that you were able to still keep a close relationship with your father. The one's you remember the most are the ones who influence you in making your dreams come true. Thank you for sharing your childhood memories.

    Quote for you I thought you would want to know is:

    If you only have one smile in you, give it to the people you love.

    ~Maya Angelou

    You have a lot to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really moving to read.
    Especially as you described your father as a man of God. God seems to be left out of everthing these days! I pray your relationship with your daughter, will continue this legacy of love your share with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonna
    It is really so cool how you had a teacher that you remember after all of this time. Just think of the impact that you will make on people and how one day they will post or blog about you

    ReplyDelete

==>