Early Childhood Links

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Examining Codes of Ethics

Three Ideals from NAEYC Codes of Ethics that are Meaningful to Me

Ideal I-4.3

    To work through education, research, and advocacy toward an environment safe world in which all children receive health care, food, and shelter; are nurtured; and live free from violence in their home and their communities.

    This ideal explains the full purpose of my professional goal in working in the early childhood field and my desire to forward my education, to learn as much as I can, to be well prepared to advocate for my own child, and for others in our community; or even better, to all children.  It is my vision to presence a world where is more sensible to the needs of the children and prepare families to do the same for their own children. 

Ideal I-3C.4

    To encourage and support continual development of employees in becoming more skilled and knowledge of employees in becoming more skilled and knowledgeable practitioners.

    One of my goals is to share my experiences and knowledge with other professionals in the early childhood field.  I want to help teachers gain more skills, and continue their motivation while working with children.  It is my passion to train others, and encourage them to do their best when teaching children and their families.  I will be a role model for other adults in the field to forward their education and desire to learn about child's development and early care.

Ideal I-2.8

    To help family members enhance their understanding of their children and support the continuing development of their skills as parents.

    It is also my vision to help families acquire more knowledge about children's development, through ongoing training on different topics.  I think is important to create a positive relation with the parents, because they are their own child's first teachers.  It is crucial that we communicate with parents, and learn together about their child, to better serve his unique and individual needs.  The more parents know about child healthy development, the less violence or abuse would be.

5 comments:

  1. Rhonna
    Keep up with your drive to want to train others. I so understand I myself enjoy the interaction when training teachers and parents. I even en joy when I am on the other side of the training as the participant. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonna-
    I also chose ideal I-4.3. I see it being my first priority as a teacher/director in an early childhood program. All children have to have someone looking over them and advocating for their rights. It is great that the children at your center
    (and your own child) have you ensuring their safety and well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonna,

    Of the three ideals you chose that are meaningful to you, Ideal I-28 was most meaningful to me. I almost chose that as my family ideal when doing my own blog. I think getting the families involved and them having a better understanding is extremely necessary in our field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rhonna,

    I like your comments you wrote on Ideal 1-28. Parents need to be involved in their child's learning development. It shows the child that they are interested and children thrive on attention from their parents especially at events or classroom volunteering. As an early childhood educator our job is to provide a stimulating learning environment for the children and families. Supporting parental involvement is vital to any program's success. With your experiences and communication skills, your will excel at a job well done as a leader and advocate for children and families. Keep up the good work. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rhonna,

    Great work!
    I liked your last two ethical codes. These showed me that you are not only concerned with your achievment but also the achievement of your colleagues and the achievment of the family. Parents are sometimes in the dark about children, learning and behavior. However, with these ethic codes if educators are responsible for sharpening their skills, then we can better serve families.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

==>