Early Childhood Links

Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Research Journey

My Personal Research Journey  

The topic I have chosen for my research simulation is about “How low-income families are helping their children getting ready for school?” My interest in this topic is because I have seen families in our Head Start program struggling in helping their children with the necessary skills to succeed at school.  I strongly believe that parents can make a difference in their child’s life, even with limited resources. 
So far, this course has helped me to identify quality sites, where I can find accurate, reliable information to support my research topic.  I still struggle in getting websites, providing full-text document of research papers, journals, etc.  
Please share with me any resources that I can trust to get full-text research papers at no cost.  What database search engine would you recommend?  I found in occasion the Walden Library is down, unable to access the database ERIC (often use).  I would love to know other options to access high quality research journals or papers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonna,
    My suggestion is to still try Walden's Library, otherwise unless you are affiliated with another school the likelihood of finding articles that you don't have to pay for is rare. Sometimes I have to close down my connection to Walden and try again and go straight to the library. If you can find one good article, then you can look at their reference list and find more. This might also help you narrow down your search words. Good luck, this is a very important subject. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

==>