Early Childhood Links

Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Special Child

The Story of a child that touched my heart



     This is the picture of my baby Rachel at six months. I need to say that her story is very especial to me. She is my only child, and my everything. I never thought of having a child, and a miracle happened. Rachel is a sweet girl that came to our family to bless our marriage. My husband and I were expecting her with excitement, and like new parents, we exaggerated a little bit buying stuff for her arrival. Now I know what many people say, you do not need that. It is too late now! We still learning and growing with her as parents, and try to offer her the best we can do. I LOVE YOU, the words I say to her every single day, until can not say it more.
     Other children that have touched my heart are many. All children are special to me, specially if they come from protective services, or foster care, or even homeless coalition. I remember a situation of a child with cerebral palsy coming to one of our infant & toddler room. It was the first experience for some of his teachers. Teachers loved and cared for the child, he felt welcome and loved, resulting in making considerable progress. The family felt supported too. He stayed with us for about three years, until family dropped child from the program. The child was standing with support, talking, playing with so much happiness, that I know I will remember him for my whole life. It was a significant Head Start, and loving memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

==>